About this bundle:
February’s Fiction bundle explores the love that connects us, the space between life and death, and the tensions of our world from prejudice to the climate crisis.
Flannagan leads us into a world on fire where familial love and hope is examined and let loose, while Porter puts into words the final workings of an artist’s mind. Spufford gives us the alternative futures of five lives in a story of the everyday, the everlasting, with warmth and celebration. Hawke’s story of a young man in torment takes us into the world of theatre and Shakespeare, circling shame and beauty and faith, and the moral power of art. Lastly Zayyan moves between two continents over a troubled century exploring racial tension, generational divides, and what it means to belong.
This bundle includes:
• The Living Sea of Waking Dreams by Richard Flannagan
• The Death of Francis Bacon by Max Porter
• Light Perpetual by Francis Spufford
• A Bright Ray of Darkness by Ethan Hawke
• We are all Birds of Uganda by Hafsa Zayyan