Publisher: London, Charles Evans et al, 1849
Extending from the New Houses of Parliament to Greenwich Hospital.
Uncoloured wood-engraved panoramic view of the North bank of the Thames, printed on six conjoined sheets and folding concertina-style into the publisher's blindstamped cloth boards (oblong 8vo.). The title printed in red and mounted on to the front pastedown, and repeated over a blocked vignette of St Paul’s Cathedral in gilt to upper board.
Binding stained and soiled, the spine a little faded. One prominent ‘rust spot’ penetrating upper cover and with decreasing traces through the first four leaves. Otherwise a good sharp impression free of significant staining save vertical lines of discolouration where sheets fold and join. Sheet 150 x 4860 mm fully extended.
Buildings and points of interest are captioned in letterpress along the lower margin. Showing the heavy river traffic of the mid-19th century metropolis and - from West to East - Westminster, Hungerford, Waterloo, Blackfriars, Southwark and London bridges.