NORMAL PRICE £200 - YOUR PRICE £180
The chicest subscription on the block' - FT How To Spent It
'Monthly parcels of literary joy from Mayfair's pre-eminent bookseller' - How to Spend It
Our A Year In Books Paperback is the perfect companion for the avid reader. Sign yourself or a friend up to this monthly book subscription and our expert booksellers will carefully choose a paperback book each month to suit the recipient's reading tastes. Over the course of the year a monthly book will be delivered to their door, wrapped in our signature brown paper and ribbon.
NEW! Each book comes with a different monthly special edition bookmark designed by artist Cressida Bell.
PLUS Recipients are entitles to 10% off all new books ordered from Heywood Hill during the lifetime of their subscription.
- A Year In Books voucher sent to either the purchaser or recipient explaining the gift
- An optional reading consultation with a dedicated bookseller on the phone, in person or by email
- Twelve carefully chosen and beautifully wrapped new books delivered monthly: fiction, non-fiction or a mix of both
- Each book will be accompanied by a monthly bookmark designed for us by artist Cressida Bell - a different one each month
- Recipients are entitled to 10% off all new books bought at Heywood Hill during the lifetime of their subscription
Our A Year in Books subscription service is uniquely bespoke. On receipt of the Year in Books voucher subscribers are invited to have an optional reading consultation with one of our booksellers to discuss their reading taste. We will then send a book each month that we know they will love. This subscription is a wonderful way to discover new authors and writing. Our booksellers have over 100 years of bookselling experience so you can be sure your reading will be in safe hands.
If you have any particular requirements for your proposed Year in Books we would be more than happy to discuss the options. A Year in Books subscription can be purchased worldwide. An additional one-off postage cost for subscribers outside the UK will be added during checkout.
'Honestly the best present I have ever bought' - Clare Bakali, subscriber
'Our friends are now reading all kinds of books they never would have picked up or known about before due to your wonderful efforts' - Elizabeth Sloane, subscriber, USA
'Heywood Hill’s brown packages are a monthly present to myself. I walked into the shop almost 40 years ago and I have received a book every month ever since' - Patricia Lovejoy, Conneticut
'The thing I'm eyeing next is a book subscription from Heywood Hill... It would make a great present, but I'd like it for myself.' - Katharina Flohr, creative and managing director of Fabergé - FT How To Spend It
*Please let us know if you would like to give your new subscription as a Christmas present*
For those renewing an existing or recently expired subscription:
Complete the checkout process as normal and we will add 12 months of reading to your subscription. A new voucher confirming the renewal will be sent to either the purchaser or recipient. Please let us know where you would like the voucher to be sent in the notes box at the checkout.
Terms and conditions
- Your voucher will be sent out on receipt of your order. Your monthly book parcels will begin at the start of the following month.
- UK postage & packaging included.
- Recipients can be based anywhere in the world. Please contact the shop for postage costs for those outside the UK, EU or USA.
- In order to assist us in our monthly choices, we encourage recipients to contact us for their Reading Consultation as soon as possible on receipt of the Year in Books voucher
- A Reading Consultation is not mandatory! If we do not hear from the recipient within one month of the voucher being sent, book selections will be made for them and posted each month
- We make great efforts to ensure that each book is the best choice for our recipients. However, if our book choice is unsatisfactory or the recipient has already read it, books in perfect unread condition can be exchanged
- Recipients can make a maximum of three exchanges during the year
- Postage for the return of books and the sending of replacements is at the recipient’s expense